Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mmmmmm....Milkshake!

Here is an easel-style card I have made using pink, grey and black tones. I could not resist using my favourite things on this card; glitter, glimmer mist and glossy accents! My stamp is an adorable bear drinking a milkshake from Hooked on Craft; isn't he so cute? I think he is really enjoying that delicious looking sugary treat! Mmmmmmm yummo! I have coloured him with copics and added glitter and glossy accents. My flowers and leaves all started off as white but I spritz them with glimmer mist in 'viva pink', 'black magic', 'hot chocolate', and 'bronze' (except for the black flowers but I spritz them too!) . I think I am obsessed with glimmer mist and I seem to be 'accidently' purchasing more and more colours. But you can never have enough, right? My doilie, lace and flower ribbons, leaves and flowers are also from Hooked on Craft. In the background I have used some core-dinations paper and I embossed it with my cuttlebug and lightly sanded it back to reveal the light pink colour underneath.

Let me know what you think! I love reading everyones comments.

I am entering this card into the following competitions:

- Friday Sketchers; Sketch #145
- Charisma Cardz Challenges!; Easel cards
- Let's Ink It Up; Embossing
- Simon Says Stamp; Anything Goes!
- Little Claire's Ideas and Inspiration Blog; Flowers
- Tuesday Throwdown; Lace

Easel Card:


Close up of the top of the card:



Close up of the bottom of the card (love the glimmer misted flowers and leaves; so sparkly!):



Side view of easel-style card:



8 comments:

  1. Super card thank you for joining us at Little Claires. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly gorgeous your colours blend so well together. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how cute is this! Great colors , cute stamp and wonderful easles! colors and card shape are my faves in life! Thanks for playing with us at LIIU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAb colour combo,gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck. Hugs Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly this is very pretty! Thanks for joining in with our Easel cards Challenge this week over at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute easel card. Love It

    Cheers
    Lyndall
    http://www.lyndalls-craft-time.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, great layout and love your colour scheme.
    Thanks for joining us at PIO this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! So pretty. The lace and embellishments are awesome. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete